Post Sales Strategy?
One of the make or break elements when it comes to the overall success of your business is your customer experience strategy. In order to have a profitable business and year after year growth, it is CRITICAL to have happy satisfied customers. Those are the ones who come back year after year, as well as tell others about how AWESOME your company is.
It takes so much time and resources to attract customers to your business and it’s equally as important to invest in retaining them. Knowing you have satisfied customers who will return year after year, will give you visibility into revenue for the following year. THAT’S GOLDEN!
This is known as your “run rate”. Which according to “Investopedia” is: The run rate refers to the financial performance of a company based on using current financial information as a predictor of future performance.
So how do you ensure your customers have a great experience and return year after year? You have a well documented POST SALES PROCESS!
Trust me, do not just expect that once your clients sign the dotted line that everyone in the organization will just know how to delight them and make sure they have a good experience. Everyone will just assume what to do, UNLESS it is documented. Depending on the complexity of your product and delivery the process will vary.
So let’s get to it!
Top things to consider when creating your post sales process document.
- What happens once the client signs off? Are they then introduced via email to an Account Manager, Accounting Dept, Training department or Project Manager? Maybe all four?
- What is the action required by each department once the introduction is made? Schedule training within 24 hours? Set up dashboard within 48 hours? Schedule kick off call within 24 hours? Email invoice within 12 hours?
- Is the CRM or system you are using to store customer information updated with all the relevant contact information, contracts and recent communication?
- Does the client know who to contact if they need support or have any questions?
- How is the customer notified of any product or software updates?
- What is the renewal process? How far in advance of renewing services is a customer notified. Who owns this?
Depending on the nature of your business the steps will vary, but I’m sure you get the point. Have a CLEAR outline of the steps that need to be taken within the organization once you have acquired a new customer.
Doing so will ensure a smooth customer experience which is unique to your company. This will result in happy customers who keep coming back which will add to your bottom line. Woop!
Most startups try to start selling before implementing basic sales strategies. Unlike most sales consultants in the market today, my business takes a more preventative approach. I’m not a fixer. My mission is to help startups develop winning habits right from the start before too much time passes.
This is exactly why I created an online self-study program, specifically for startups engineers and developers who want to give their product the best possible chance of success.
In my program Cultivating Sales Success for Startups, you’ll learn how to arm your team with the right tools to help them win deals and speak to the benefits of your product or service with confidence. Which ultimately will drive sales and increase revenue for your business.